Re: How to find ppd's in printer-driver-escpr?

Hi Gustavo,

Le jeudi, 21 avril 2016, 18.38:12 Gustavo de las Casas a écrit :
> I am in the process of installing an Epson XP-830 printer. The binary
> printer-driver-escpr says it contains .ppd's in compressed form. How
> do I find them? I intend to use CUPS, but need to find the ppd for
> setting up an Epson printer (XP-830). CUPS also doesn't list the
> printer currently. The question has gone unanswered so far in a
> forum.

The PPDs are compressed in the /usr/lib/cups/driver/escpr file. You can
see the list of PPD files this way:

	/usr/lib/cups/driver/escpr list

This will output the PPD file for you:
	/usr/lib/cups/driver/escpr cat "escpr:0/cups/model/epson-inkjet-printer-escpr/Epson-XP-830_Series-epson-escpr-en.ppd"

But CUPS should show the "Epson XP-830 Series" printer when setting up a printer. Do you have cups & cups-filters installed?

--
Cheers,
    OdyX