Re: cups-filters 1.6.0 released!

Le jeudi, 14 janvier 2016, 01.38:19 Till Kamppeter a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have released cups-filters 1.6.0 now, with the following changes:
>
> 	- cups-browsed: Fixed use of CUPS domain socket, both
> 	  detection during build process and permission check at
> 	  runtime.
> 	- foomatic-rip: Fixed buffer overflow when reading environment
> 	  variables CUPS_FONTPATH, CUPS_DATADIR, and GS_LIB (Bug
> 	  #1336).

Is this of any security-related concern?

> I would appreciate if you could upload it to Debian soon so that it
> syncs into Ubuntu, as it is needed for further development work on
> Ubuntu Mobile. This release contains an important fix for cups-browsed
> to work correctly in environments where CUPS runs on-demand.

I have uploaded 1.6.0-1 to unstable. As there were several new files, I
have _tried_ to update debian/copyright, trying to recollate information
from COPYING, previous debian/copyright, etc.

There are several problems, which should really be fixed upstream:

* files in backend/ say that they inherit from dnssd.c, and their
licence says:

> * Copyright 2008-2015 by Apple Inc.
> *
> * These coded instructions, statements, and computer programs are the
> * property of Apple Inc. and are protected by Federal copyright
> * law.  Distribution and use rights are outlined in the file
> * "LICENSE.txt" "LICENSE" which should have been included with this
> * file.  If this file is missing or damaged, see the license at
> * "http://www.cups.org/";.
> *
> * This file is subject to the Apple OS-Developed Software exception.

There's no "LICENSE{,.txt}" file in the cups-filters source package,
letting us up to guesses.

In general, as you can see from the debian/copyright file, there is
quite a mess of various licenses, and it seems that the COPYING file
from the source package is outdated.

Could you please clean this up in the next cups-filters release? The
ideal way would be for you (as upstream) to adopt the CF-1.0 format
[CF1] for upstream's COPYING file.

[CF1] https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/

--
Cheers,