Re: Problem moving /usr/share/cups/mime/mime.convs from cups-server-common to cups-core-drivers

Hi Till,

Le dimanche, 29 novembre 2015, 00.27:45 Till Kamppeter a écrit :
> I need to move the file /usr/share/cups/mime/mime.convs from the
> cups-server-common binary package to the cups-core-drivers binary
> package to make it available in a level-2 printing stack for mobile
> devices (See
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/client-1305-printing-sta
> ck-with-mobile-in-mind), so that cups-browsed can also auto-generate
> queues for IPP printers using auto-generated PPD files (instead of a
> System V interface script).

Cool, thanks.

> Now I have proceeded the same way as in commit 42270e50e1, where I
> have moved /usr/lib/cups/daemom/cups-exec from cups to cups-daemon,
> editing the debian/*.install files and adding to the entry of the
> cups-daemon package in debian/control a versions Breaks:/Replaces:
> for the cups package.
>
> Now I have also edited the debian/*.install files and in
> debian/control I have added Breaks:/Replaces: for the
> cups-server-common package in the section of cups-core-drivers.

That's the correct way of doing things.

> After building that package for testing (with a debian/changelog entry
> making it 2.1.0-7) and trying to install all its *.deb files I get
> the following errors:
>
> ----------
> till@till-x1carbon:~/ubuntu/cups/git/xenial/cups-2.1.0$ sudo dpkg -i
> ../*.deb
> (…)
> dpkg: regarding .../cups-core-drivers_2.1.0-7_amd64.deb containing
> cups-core-drivers:
>   cups-core-drivers breaks cups-server-common (<< 2.1.0-7~)
>    cups-server-common (version 2.1.0-4ubuntu3) is present and
> installed.
>
> dpkg: error processing archive ../cups-core-drivers_2.1.0-7_amd64.deb
> (--install):
>   installing cups-core-drivers would break cups-server-common, and
>   deconfiguration is not permitted (--auto-deconfigure might help)
> (…)
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of cups:
>   cups depends on cups-core-drivers (>= 2.1.0-7); however:
>    Version of cups-core-drivers on system is 2.1.0-4ubuntu3.
> (…)
>
> and by immediately repeating the same installation all gets fixed:
>
> ----------
> till@till-x1carbon:~/ubuntu/cups/git/xenial/cups-2.1.0$ sudo dpkg -i
> ../*.deb
> …
>
> Now I want to know what I did wrong so that it did not work the first
> time. What do I need to do in addition?

I don't think it's wrong, but that is an artifact of the "install with
dpkg doesn't work exactly as apt".

> And does it work when updating with apt-get?

I think it does. Will upload with these changes, thanks!

Cheers,
OdyX