Re: Upstream future of ippusbxd

Le mardi, 7 juillet 2015, 16.33:44 Tim Waugh a écrit :
> On Mon, 2015-07-06 at 22:15 -0300, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> > I am thinking about joining it into the cups-filters upstream
> > package to not have too many tiny packages to make up the complete
> > printing stack and cups-filters contains all manufacturer-
> > independent software for communication with printers which is not
> > part of CUPS itself.
>
> I don't really have a strong opinion either way. Having it in its own
> package would be fine for me, but if you want to put it in
> cups-filters I'd be OK with that too.

Same here. As its been pointed already, the licenses differ, but that
wouldn't make the cups-filters much worse than it already is [0]: where
we already have GPL-2, LGPL-2, GPL-3, LGPL-2.1+, GPL-2+, GPL-3+, Expat
and BSD-4-clause. Hmmm…

[0] http://sources.debian.net/src/cups-filters/1.0.70-2/debian/copyright/

> What I would definitely prefer is to have it hosted in git not bzr.

Amen to that! In the process, if we could have foomatic-db{,-engine}
converted to git too, that'd be awesome! :-)

Cheers,
OdyX