Support for the Brother QL-570 in printer-driver-ptouch

Dear Maintainer,

A few days ago, I bought a brother QL-570 label printer and installed it on
Debian Weezy. When using the driver for the QL-550, which is the closest to
the QL-570 which is currently available in the package printer-driver-ptouch
I found that the cutter does not work. I finally installed the original
brother drivers. Installation is cumbersome, but the cutter now works. You
can find more details here:

I therefore want to ask you if you think it is possible to add support for
the QL-570 in a future revision of your package. What I can offer is testing
the package or a patch for it. Unfortunately, I will be able to do so not
before the beginning of May. The reason is that I installed the printer on
my father's computer in Germany, and I have just returned home to Brazil. I
will be in Germany again early May. Regarding the problems I had with the
installation of the original brother drivers, I do not want to change the
drivers without physical access to the printer.

In case you intend to add support for the QL-570 and you think I can help,
please let me know.

Best regards,

Andreas