Re: "Main Switch" to turn off CUPS totally when we use systemd as PID 1

On Thu, 2014-08-14 at 19:48 +0200, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> Especially Johannes Meixner told me that the current systemd
> configuration is missing a "Master Switch"  to not only stop cupsd but
> also to tell that it should not be started on-demand. Currently you have
> only the possibility to stop the daemon butt systemd is still listening
> on the sockets and therefore CUPS gets started as soon as someone
> accesses port 631 or connects a USB printer.

The 'master switch' is this:

systemctl disable cups.{socket,path,service}
systemctl stop cups.{socket,path,service}

Not sure how it is configured on SuSE but the Fedora systemd
configuration files only use socket activation for the local UNIX domain
socket, not for any external ports.

Tim.
*/