Re: [cups-devel] Status of the 1.7 branch ?

Hi Mike,

Le dimanche, 23 février 2014, 14.48:03 Michael Sweet a écrit :
> As for 2.0, I hope to start beta releases in a few months, with a
> release before October. That sounds like 2.0 will meet your deadline
> for Debian...

That would rather look like we'd be missing the deadline: our freeze
moment is intended to be the entrance into the final stabilization
stage rather than the start of it.

So as it looks now, CUPS 2.0 would only make it into Debian 8.0 jessie
if we can get our hands on alpha/beta/rc tarballs as early as possible:
we need to build competence and trust on this new release, as well as
ensure upgradeability and feature-completeness (or fallback) from our
previous stable release (7.0 Wheezy), which has cups 1.5.3.

We're of course interested in having a modern CUPS in the stable
release, but above all, it needs to be … stable … :)

Le lundi, 24 février 2014, 08.29:15 Michael Sweet a écrit :
> OK, the 1.7 branch mirroring should be fixed now and shows the work
> towards 1.7.2.

Great thanks!

Cheers, OdyX