Re: [RFC] Even on freez does this bug need to go to ghostscript ?

On 12-07-25 at 11:28am, Bastien ROUCARIES wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 9:11 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:
> > On 12-07-24 at 06:36pm, Bastien ROUCARIES wrote:
> >> I have made a past for ghostscript that will ease the debugging of
> >> ghostscript problem.
> >>
> >> Instead of printing numeric error ghostscript will print
> >> strerror(error).
> >>
> >> It is a one liner quite safe because code path is tested on dos and
> >> windows (please do not laugth).
> >>
> >> Now:
> >> * do you think this patch is worthwhile ?
> >> * do you think we could convince the release team to get it [1].
> >
> > I think it sounds like a good idea, but do not see it as crucial and
> > prefer if you could persuade upstream to adopt it and not carry a
> > local patch for it.
>
> Already patched upstream. See but about unhelful message

Ahh. I failed to connect the dots so did not realize you were talking
about bug#682407. :-)

NB! It is much easier if you provide URL for bug and/or upstream patch.
Or do so implicitly by posting to the corresponding bugreport instead of
the mailinglist.

Patch now applied to main branch of our ghostscript git.

> > ...and I do not see it as important for a freeze exception, but don't
> > mind you trying, if you insist.
>
> Will try

If you are interested, then share here on the list how you intend to
approach it, and I can perhaps help you (e.g. how to make use of the git
the IMO least messy way, and warn about challenges I see in it - the
reasons I didn't want to do it myself).

Regards,

 - Jonas