Re: Orphaning of gutenprint

Le dimanche, 1 janvier 2012 15.36:21, Roger Leigh a écrit :
> Hi folks,
>
> Just a reminder that gutenprint is orphaned (#479397), and that it
> needs a maintainer.  There will be a new stable release in a week
> or so, and I'll set the maintiner to
> packages.qa@bugs.debian.org unless anyone wishes to
> adopt it.
>
> I'm happy to continue as a co-maintainer, but I don't have the time
> or hardware to maintain, debug and bugfix.

Hi Roger, and thanks for your past work on gutenprint,

Although I confess that I don't understand much of the internals of
Gutenprint, that I don't have access to hardware that needs it; that I don't
have much time to debug and bugfix, I think it should probably be possible for
me to maintain it together with Till, if he agrees.

(I think I prefer to have gutenprint "loosely" maintained by myself under the
Printing Team umbrella, than orphaned; at least that tries to keep all
printing-related packages under a common umbrella. Finding more manpower than
mine's is of course on the TODO).

Till: would you consider maintaining gutenprint together with me in Debian,
assuming that we could reach a reasonable agreement on the current Ubuntu
diff? I think that maintaining everything in "Debian first" (or at least
keeping the diff as minimal as possible) would help bring slightly more
manpower to that area.

Cheers,

OdyX