Re: libjpeg8: Please provide variant compiled with #define D_MAX_BLOCKS_IN_MCU 64

reassign 582522 ghostscript 8.64~dfsg-2
quit

Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> Bill Allombert wrote:

>> Honestly, unless you provide evidence that PS files that include invalid
>> jpeg-encoded data are still in use, I am not going to include two new packages
>> to support non-standard compliant data in Debian, and in any case, I doubt the
>> FTP master would let me.
>
> Makes sense.  Currently ghostscript/README.Debian says:
[...]
> http://www.ghostscript.com/pipermail/gs-code-review/2002-March/002275.html
> tells a slightly different story:
[...]
> So I do not even think that there are old Adobe interpreters involved
> (despite what jpeglib.h says).  Would it be enough to say something
> like this?
[...]
> 	If you come across a file triggering either of these
> 	conditions, please let us know by reporting a bug against
> 	the ghostscript package.

Hence reassigning to ghostscript.  I suggest updating the README.Debian
to clarify this, and perhaps contacting upstream to encourage them to
consider dropping the "#define D_MAX_BLOCKS_IN_MCU 64" hack, too.

Thanks for your help.
Jonathan