Re: Color Management in Debian

Till Kamppeter wrote:

> on the Ubuntu Developer Summit this month we discussed the introduction
> of color management in Ubuntu. See
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-o-icc-color-
management

> What is needed is to introduce some new packages, especially colord,
> update other packages, build packages against colord, ...
>
> This would be perhaps much easier when Debian would add the same color
> management stack and also if we want to follow the plans to have a
> unique printing stack in Debian and Ubuntu.
>
> Therefore I want to ask you all whether you would like to cooperate.

Hi Till,

I think this question is more global than only limited to printing.
Furthermore as you have certainly noticed, our Debian Printing Team is not
(currently) staffed enough to take that task on its own shoulders.

So it would actually be very nice if you could (re-)send this message to
debian-devel, to get a wider set of opinions.

Cheers,

OdyX