Re: Provide libijs packages as a binary package of Ghostscript?

Hi Bradley,

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 07:20:23PM +0000, Bradley Smith wrote:
According to

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/i/ijs/ijs_0.35-7/changelog

last change on package in April 2009, last change on active code of the package in Feb 2004 and current maintainer is Bradley Smith (bradsmith at debian dot org).

Yes.  I noticed that.  It is legal for a package to not need changes for a very very long time.

Someone have to formally request a change to properly resolve if silence is due to maintainer being MIA or simply no need for maintainance.

Unfortunately I am somewhat MIA at the moment, I certainly don't have time to deal with this sort of thing. I also think it would be better for the debian-printing team to maintain ijs, so if somebody wishes to take over the package, and/or move it into the debian-printing team, please do so. You have my permission to hijack :)

I'd be happy to take over maintainance of IJS, via the Printing team.

I notice you also maintain a range of other packages. If you are generally (not only for IJS) MIA then please tag them as RFA - or if you you are too lazy/busy for that then just tell me and I can do it on your behalf.

Kind regards, and good luck with whatever your time is spent on now,

 - Jonas