Re: libgs9: please Recommends: (not Depends:) gs-cjk-resource

Hi Jonas,

Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> Good.  I will take care of that, then, and of these concrete issues
> of package relations.
>
> Is it ok that I repackage in one source per upstream source?
>
> Is it ok that I move the packaging to Git (in collab-maint at Alioth)?
>
> Is it ok that I repackage using CDBS?
>
> If not, then I will only touch the packaging as least possible, as I
> cannot work comfortable with the current style of it (no offense!).

Of course I have zero say in the decision, just throwing an idea
out there.

Would it be okay for the packaging of gs-cjk-resource, which is
relatively simple, to use debhelper 7 instead of CDBS?

My reasons for asking this are that

 - in my experience, dh is much easier to debug without "deep"
   knowledge about the workings.  To find out what a given sequence
   does, there is "dh foo --no-act".  Each command in that sequence
   can be invoked on the command line and has a clear manual page.

 - more people seem to be comfortable reading and writing using it

Either way, if there is any way I can help, I'd be glad to.