Re: [Pkg-cups-devel] RFC: Forming a Printing Task Force (was RFA: cups -- Common UNIX Printing System)

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 12:44:26AM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 12:29:01PM +0200, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
Le samedi 3 juillet 2010 14:16:12 Jonas Smedegaard, vous avez écrit :
>   1) Decide on a mailinglist

No, that's already the intended purpose of the list. Gutenprint has the list as the maintainer, but it's by no means restricted to gutenprint--that's just because the package was intended to be group- maintained (it's looking for a maintainer if there are any takers, since I no longer have hardware to test new uploads).

That list already receives mails from various cups-related bugs and the only package that has it as Maintainer is gutenprint, which is orphaned. I tried to contact Roger Leigh (the previous maintainer of gutenprint, author of the O: mail) on IRC (on the #debian-printing channel), without success so far. He is CC'ed in order to get his opinion on this.

Go right ahead. When the list was originally set up, the CUPS and hplip packages were subscribed to debian-printing by myself, but IMO that was a mistake in hindsight. It would be best to unsubscribe them if there are no objections--people wanting to follow these packages should probably just subscribe to the respective lists and/or packages. This will reduce list noise and duplicate mails for those already subscribed personally.

Excellent!

I dare consider that decided, then.

I will now unsubscribe from the CUPS mailinglist - and expect future cross-package printing related topics to instead be posted at d-printing, without the need for cross-posting.

Reply-to for this email set to d-printing.

Regards,

 - Jonas