Re: how to print Chinese?

On Sat, 2008-22-03 at 16:15 +0900, Kenshi Muto wrote:
> Hi Wu,
>
> At Fri, 21 Mar 2008 15:23:52 -0700,
> Wu Kejia wrote:
> > My box is debian etch. All postscript documents containing Chinese
can't
> > display Chinese characters which are replaced by squares or white
> > spaces. The box connects to a Xerox printer, and the printed
documents
> > also have the same problems.
>
> You have to install gs-cjk-resource, and cmap-adobe-gb1 (simplified
Chinese)
> or cmap-adobe-cns1 (traditional Chinese) packages To handle Chinese
> characters with Ghostscript.
>
> Because these packages are non-free, so you may need to modify your
> /etc/apt/sources.list to allow non-free component.
> Example:
> deb http://ftp.debian.org/ etch main contrib non-free
>                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>                                      Add them
>
> You'll need to install Chinese TrueType font packages also.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Kenshi Muto
> kmuto@debian.org

Hi Muto,

Thank you very much for your instruction. Now, all problems are solved.

    One thing: can configure debian printer with truetype font but other
utilities still with bitmap fonts? After all, truetype fonts for wide
chars - i.e. CJK- show a bit obscure on screen. If possible, how should
I do?

    Thank you for your help again.

Wu