Help with Filing a Printing Bug

Hi there,

I need some help filing a bug report regarding printing, please.

I am using Debian Lenny (2.6.26-1-686 #1 SMP, i686 GNU/Linux) with a Brother 1430 B&W laser printer. Printing from various applications fails: the 'receiving data' light on the printer lights up and the print-jobs window lists the job as 'processing', but after a period (much longer than normal) the printer light stops blinking and the printer just sits there. This has previously worked with Debian Etch, and works when I boot into Ubuntu 8.04.

I have two questions:
1) Against what package(s) should I be filing this as a bug report?
2) What can I do to generate some verbose output on what my computer's trying to do, to aid in a diagnosis of the problem? I've never printed in Linux except from GUI.

Many thanks in advance,

Torrance