Re: how to print Chinese?

Hi Wu,

At Fri, 21 Mar 2008 15:23:52 -0700,
Wu Kejia wrote:
> My box is debian etch. All postscript documents containing Chinese can't
> display Chinese characters which are replaced by squares or white
> spaces. The box connects to a Xerox printer, and the printed documents
> also have the same problems.

You have to install gs-cjk-resource, and cmap-adobe-gb1 (simplified Chinese)
or cmap-adobe-cns1 (traditional Chinese) packages To handle Chinese
characters with Ghostscript.

Because these packages are non-free, so you may need to modify your
/etc/apt/sources.list to allow non-free component.
Example:
deb http://ftp.debian.org/ etch main contrib non-free
                                     Add them

You'll need to install Chinese TrueType font packages also.

Thanks,
--
Kenshi Muto
kmuto@debian.org