Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Help/maintainer wanted for Gutenprint

   From: Roger Leigh <rleigh@whinlatter.ukfsn.org>
   Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 15:25:02 +0100

   Due to time constraints I expect to continue to at least October,
   I'm not able to devote sufficient time to the Gutenprint packages
   in order to do a good job of keeping on top of bug reports, keeping
   up-to-date with new upstream versions, and testing to make sure it
   is well integrated with the rest of the Debian printing
   infrastructure.  So far things haven't been too bad because there
   hasn't been a new stable upstream release.  There has however been
   a new development release, and it would be nice to get that
   packaged and tested.

Roger, I hope you do find time in the future for this.

For the Debian folks: Roger has done a great job.

   I'm looking for a co-maintainer to help take care of the packages, and
   possibly take over them completely if I fail to find enough time in
   the future.  I would be available to help with any issues with the
   packaging, testing, etc..

   Volunteers would need to have at least one model of Epson inkjet, and
   HP or other supported models in addition would be useful.  Making
   regular use of the package is really a must.

   This includes:

    cupsys-driver-gimpprint  (transitional)
    cupsys-driver-gutenprint CUPS driver
    escputil                 Printer head cleaning/alignment/ink level checking
    foomatic-db-gimp-print   (transitional)
    foomatic-db-gutenprint   Foomatic data
    gimp-print               GIMP Print plugin
    gutenprint-doc           User manual
    gutenprint-locales       I18n
    ijsgimpprint             (transitional)
    ijsgutenprint            Ghostscript IJS driver
    libgutenprint-dev        Main dev package
    libgutenprint-doc        API reference and developer docs
    libgutenprint2           Core library and modules
    libgutenprintui1-1       (only used by cinepaint)
    libgutenprintui1-dev     (only used by cinepaint)
    libgutenprintui2-1       (only used by gimp-print)
    libgutenprintui2-dev     (only used by gimp-print)

Actually, I don't think the newest version of cinepaint uses
libgutenprintui1 (GTK1-based) at all.  Note that the current
development line (5.1.x) has dropped the GTK1 support entirely.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton