RE: Malformed/non-HP URI:

-----Original Message-----
From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh [mailto:hmh@debian.org]
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2006 2:10 PM
To: jpickett@valornet.com
Cc: debian-printing@lists.debian.org; rleigh@whinlatter.ukfsn.org
Subject: Re: Malformed/non-HP URI:

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006, jpickett@valornet.com wrote:
> Still unable to print a document to a network HP 6127 printer.
> Can someone show me the correct URI setting?

Use hp-makeuri to get one.

> ii  hplip               0.9.2-2             HP Linux Printing and Imaging
> System (hplip)

I suggest using the backported packages in backports.org.
I am still unable to print a document to a network HP 6127 printer.
I used the backports.org to do updates as Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
suggested.

I used hp-makeuri to create URI:
hp:/net/deskjet_6127?ip=192.168.1.78

The uri correctly installed in the CUPS menus.
The hp-probe now shows the installed Device URI.
The hp-info -dhp:/net/deskjet_6127?ip=192.168.1.78 incorrectly shows:
Status code: 1044 ("Pen cleaning in progress.")

The hp-toolbox will not print a test page because it shows an error "Pen
cleaning in progress."

The printer URL did not show any (Pen cleaning) problems and the printer
prints OK from other network workstations.

Do I need to enter the "Port:9100" somewhere in the CUPS configuration?

Thank you for your suggestions.

Jpickett@valornet.com