Printing to a Network HP printer

I am having difficulty finding the correct printer settings in the CUPS
printer setup menu.

I have an HP deskjet 6127 on my subnet with a fixed IP of 192.168.1.78
I print to it on Windows XP using HP Standard TCP/IP port, port name:
IP_192.168.1.78, protocol: Raw, port:9100

CUPS Version:

debian:/# dpkg -l cupsys
uppercase=bad)
ii  cupsys         1.1.23-10sarge Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - server

The following settings seem to be the only way I have been able to get
anything to the printer.

CUPS access via http://debian:631/
	MANAGE PRINTERS
	Modify Printer:
	Name: 6127Black
	Location: Home
	Device: AppSocket/HP JetDirect
	Device URI: socket://192.168.1.78:9100
	Make: Raw
	Model: Raw

The printer prints a page that looks like this followed by many blank pages:

%!PS-Adobe-3.0
              %%BoundingBox: 0  0  612  792
                                           %%Pages:  1
                                                      %%LanguageLevel:  1
                                                                         %%DocumentDa

Please direct me to the appropriate place if this list is not the correct
place to post this question. Thank you.

jpickett@valornet.com