Re: configuring Epson Stylus Color 670

"Sebastian Kruk" <residuo.solow@gmail.com> writes:

> When I try to configure my printer using printconf y receive the
> next mistake:
>
> Configuring Epson Stylus Color 670 on usb:/dev/usb/lp0 with gimp-print driver
> as queue "stylus_color_670".
> There is neither a custom PPD file nor the driver database entry
> contains sufficient data to build a PPD file.

Please see

You need to use the "gutenprint-ijs.5.0" driver.  The "gimp-print"
driver is obsolete and no longer functional, and it should really be
removed.

This is for testing/unstable.  It should work OK for stable.  Which
are you running?

The usb:/dev/usb/lp0 device URI is also outdated.  printconf might
need updating for CUPS 1.2.

Regards,
Roger

--