CUPS + Gutenprint + Epson Stylus D88

Roger suggested me not to use foomatic but to admin CUPS with the webbrowser.

I did so and added the Epson Stylus D88, however, it does not print. When submitting a PostScript File with the lpr command:

david@debian:~$ lpr 08.ps; lpq
escp2-d88 is ready
no entries
david@debian:~$ lpr 08.ps && lpq
escp2-d88 is ready
no entries

I will now

-read the documentation in package gutenprint-doc - it is not available at Debian, but I could download it from Ubuntu:
http://packages.ubuntulinux.org/dapper/doc/gutenprint-doc

-read about CUPS in a book, the "Debian/GNU Linux 3.1 "sarge" Anwenderhandbuch" by Frank Ronneburg

-possibly file a bug report against package cupsys-driver-gutenprint.

It seems to me that in the package descriptions of the foomatic packages should be written that if you have CUPS, they are normally not useful..

David