Ijsgutenprint 4.3.99+cvs20050901

I allowed my i386 etch system (2.6.12-1-686) to upgrade using synaptic a
couple of days ago, ending up with the above version of cups/gutenprint.

I lost the ability to print to my Epson CX5400, connected to the usb port;
jobs (including test pages) appeared in kjobviewer but silently
disappeared. However remote users of the cups server were able to print
as before.

Increasing the log level to Debug revealed that ijsgimpprint was failing
to be found, just after the Ghostscript startup messages. Looking
in /usr/bin revealed ijsgutenprint.5.0 and a softlink to it called just
ijsgutenprint. Adding a further softlink to ijsgutenprint called
ijsgimpprint enabled printing again.

I'm sure that's not the best way of dealing with the problem but I post it
in the hope that it may help someone else.