Sid June 23-2023 Fresh install has broken “start-stop-daemon”

Hi,

I did a fresh install using the suggested Sid June 23-2024 iso and am glad to report it’s working great and I was able to transfer it to the G5 Quad and have it activate the temporary non-Apple GPU on the graphical desktop.

I encountered a problem when trying to install packages, however, that apt/dpkg falls over with an error:
“start-stop-daemon” not found or is not exectutable

I bypassed it temporarily by making an empty shell script that does nothing and then exits cleanly, bit I am not sure how this should actually be fixed?

Thanks,

—

Mark Benson