Re: Performing dist-upgrade on powerpc and ppc64

Hi Adrian,

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
First run "apt update", then "apt upgrade" and make sure every package is updated without
issues. Once that has passed, you may try to run "apt dist-upgrade" but before you confirm
the dist-upgrade, make sure that nothing is purged you still need.

In case of unexpected breakage, please report it to the debian-powerpc mailing list.

On a working PowerBook, I did an upgrade, there were a lot of packages kept back, but some upgrades were performed and no issues reported.

However, I'm coming from a "dirty" situation on my iBook, since I did an in-between dist-upgrade.
Mostly back to function, with important things like git.

I miss python2.7 though. python2.7-minimal appears to be intact, but I need more modules to compile ArcticFox. I suppose what I need is in  libpython2.7-stdlib, but this needs libtirpc3:powerpc which is a t64 transitioning package.

Is 2.7 gone for good or is it a temporary issue on PPC?

Thanks
Riccardo