Re: Debian 12 on iMac G5

Hi Claudia,

perhaps there is a misunderstanding. I'm trying Debian 12 ppc64 Big-Endian.
My suggestion to you is to try the proposed fix from the fienixppc team.
I report here what is mentioned in their article (I copy only what is of
interest to you).

```
[...]

the system shows only a black screen, a black screen with a cursor, or a garbled image: These issues are caused by driver configuration issues. Try entering the below boot parameters when you see the yaboot prompt (when booting up your system).
Radeon GPU

[...]

If you have a Radeon GPU, try entering the following boot parameters (one at a time, must be entered EXACTLY as listed):

    "Linux radeon.modeset=1 video=offb:off nomodeset"
    "Linux radeon.agpmode=-1 radeon.modeset=1 video=offb:off nomodeset"
```

In other words, using grub, try to add to the command line paramenters
"radeon.modeset=1 video=offb:off nomodeset" or
"radeon.agpmode=-1 radeon.modeset=1 video=offb:off nomodeset"

In my particular case, my iMac has an Nvidia card, therefore I tried
another set of parameters. For me, it did not help. But you are using
a different card with a different driver. It might be of help.