Re: What are the current available browser options for debian-ppc64?

On 2023-11-20, at 2:06 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> Hello!
>
>> On Nov 20, 2023, at 10:56 AM, Jeroen Diederen <jjhdiederen@zonnet.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Firefox does not work.
>
> Did you try the latest version 119?
>
> If there is a patch which fixes the crash on big-endian targets, we could include it in the Debian package or I could try to get it merged upstream.
>
> Adrian

The one I have installed is:

firefox/unstable,now 119.0.1-1 ppc64

and it has a segmentation fault when you launch it.

It would be really great if that worked. Perhaps I will skill up and see if I can do something to help fix it. I worked on TenFourFox for a few months with Riccardo and Cameron a few years ago and we made progress there, so I'm slightly familiar with the old code base, at least.

Ken