Re: Fork of current version of »hfs« package

Hi Mark!

On Wed, 2023-05-31 at 14:15 +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> Presumably this still can't be used for the Debian installer because of the license?
> Or has there been an update from Apple on this?

I have not heard back from Apple yet, so there is no change in license yet.

My idea was to start working on the split-out »hfs« package anyway since I am
eventually going to update the »hfsprogs« package in Debian unstable anyway.

Apple decided to split out the HFS(+) filesystem code into a separate package
called »hfs« and my hope is that this fact might lower the barrier for them to
change the license from APSL to MIT or BSD.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer