Re: Fork of current version of »hfs« package

On Tue, May 30, 2023 at 11:12 PM Lennart Sorensen
<lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, May 30, 2023 at 09:24:42PM -0400, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> > Blocks are like C++ lamda's. ObjC folks like to use them to ensure
> > cleanup in a function, like releasing a handle or free'ing memory.
>
> Funny how the high level description of them couldn't even bother so
> explain that.  That does make some sense.

Yeah, I remember NSBlock from ObjC programming back in the day. Then
blocks started showing up on other platforms due to Clang providing
them. For example, Asterisk PBX software uses them to tame their
memory leaks. Asterisk used to leak like a sieve. Asterisk only builds
with Clang because of them.

Jeff