Re: Installer doesn't find the mirrors

Hello Alex!

On Sun, 2023-04-30 at 09:08 -0700, Alex Perez wrote:
>  This does not appear to have happened (new images)
>
> Is it something you can automate, or quasi-automate?

Unfortunately not. It requires some manual intervention at the moment,
especially for the PowerPC images as I have to manually inject the
hfsprogs and partman-hfs packages into debian-installer.

Also, one always needs to make sure that the kernel in the debian-installer
image matches the kernel that is currently in unstable, otherwise you get
kernel/module version mismatch.

The former issue could be resolved if someone could find out how to boot
a PowerPC Mac from a FAT32 boot partition. It's supposed to work but I never
verified that.

If someone could test that, I can implement that and we won't have to resort
to HFS which causes some headache since the APSL license of hfsprogs is
considered non-free by Debian.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz