Re: Is a Raptor Blackbird (or other Power machine) a good general-purpose desktop?

On 03/22/23 Paul Wise wrote:
I was under the impression that POWER CPUs do *both* BE and LE at the
same time, with each process able to start in either BE or LE mode.

Perhaps thats a feature of IBM POWER CPUs and not NXP ones though?

I only know that POWER started to be LE since the POWER8. PowerPCs
(PPC32) used to have an LE mode, but not the PowerPC G5 aka PowerPC 970,
which is probably the most famous PPC64 (PPC64BE) system due to the
Power Mac G5, next to the Cell from the PlayStation 3.