Need for manual link to libatomic on powerpc?

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to track down a Crypto++ 8/GCC 12 bug at [1,2]. Our Debian
maintainer, who is helping with testing, mentioned we were missing
libatomic during link when using santiziers on powerpc and hppa.[3,4]
That kind of caught me off-guard.

On Fedora (but not Debian in the past), we needed to install gcc, g++,
libasan, libubsan and friends. Libraries for Asan and Ubsan are
separate installs on Fedora (but not Debian). However, once installed,
the compiler driver added the necessary libs (like libubsan and
libatomic) when it encountered an option like -fsanitize=undefined.

My question is, are libasan, libubsan and friends a separate install
for Debian on powerpc and hppa?

If not, does anyone know why libatomic might not be added by the
compiler driver when needed on Debian powerpc?

Thanks in advance.

[1] https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/issues/1134
[2] https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/issues/1141
[3] https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/issues/1141#issuecomment-1224051475