Re: Off-Topic: G5 Open Firmware instability

On 5/12/22 19:11, tonyj@suse.de wrote:
This is a bit off-topic but hoping someone may have some advice.

I have a PowerMac Quad Core G5 2.5ghz

I have a similar unit that runs flawlessly and seems to be fairly
indestructable. The only issues happen when messing with a new Debian
installer image and then tracking down funky new features therein. With
a bit of work with good people it "just runs". Also I did build the new
Linux kernel 5.18.0-rc4 and that also works perfectly. I knew there were
issues with the "windfarm" in the past but those were solved a long time
ago somewhere in the Linux ver 4.x kernel.

Have you given consideration to a fresh up to date install of Debian?

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC