Re: Re: Raptor Talos boot issues with Debian image

On January 6, 2022 8:34:41 PM UTC, Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org> wrote:

>Hi. That was me -- I should have clarified: I used the serial port
>interface over the web interface to the BMC to install Debian.

this sounds very familiar, when i remote-booted a TALOS II, 2 years ago.  i was able to upload the ppc64 netinst ISO entirely over the BMC web interface, and even managed to hand-load some of the udebs after debian-installer partly failed to proceed, by running an emergency shell prompt.

it was all quite hairy but got there in the end.

l.