Re: hfsprogs depends on libssl1.1 which is obsolete

Hello Rick!

On 5/30/22 12:24, Rick Thomas wrote:
> Sadly, it looks like this wasn't the only dependency on libssl1.1 .
> Apparently libsnmp40 also depends on it.

Library transitions are handled by the release team, not by me. Otherwise I would
have to manually rebuild thousands of packages. The ongoing OpenSSL transition can
be observed here for the release architectures:

> https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-openssl.html

and for the Debian Ports architectures:

> https://ben.jrtc27.com/html/auto-openssl.html

hfsprogs was a special case, because that package was built manually in the first
place as Debian Ports does not support the contrib and non-free sections yet.

If libsnmp has not been rebuilt against libssl3.0 yet, it usually means there is
a bug in the package which prevents it from building with OpenSSL 3.0 which is
indeed the case for net-snmp:

> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=net-snmp

Adrian

--