Re: GRUB Multiboot

On 29/03/2022 02:33, Stan Johnson wrote:

Hello,

I've confirmed that the version of GRUB (2.06-2) from the 24 Mar 2022
powerpc installation CD can be used to boot other GNU/Linux operating
systems on a PowerBook Pismo (Gentoo and Void both work).

I also tried many different options in the grub.cfg file in an attempt
to get Mac OS and Mac OS X to boot, but I was not successful. I'll set
aside the disk that I've been using for testing in case anyone wants to
try to get Mac OS and Mac OS X working. I can help with testing;
unfortunately, I'm neither an OF expert nor a programmer, but I would
guess that the best way to make GRUB boot Mac OS and Mac OS X would be
for it to do whatever yaboot does.

-Stan

I'm fairly sure that it would do, since as you mention above it just needs to know which partition is the OS X volume.

Out of curiosity does grub auto-detect blessed HFS/HFS+ volumes during installation and add them to the grub boot menu? If so, can you provide the grub.cfg. And do you have the output of fdisk and examples of grub.cfg entries that you have tried so far?

ATB,

Mark.