Re: NEW netinst 2022-03-28 test images

Hi!

On 3/28/22 22:58, Dennis Clarke wrote:
>     Works like a charm!

Good to hear!

>     I simply used the default install option from the GRUB menu that
> is provided by the installer and then followed the prompts. Not sure
> what you changed but this time everything just flows naturally. Should
> you wish I can redo the install and capture the syslog/partman files.

Nah, that's fine.

If you're brave enough you can help verify that the G5 will still boot
with the "boot-device" variable in NVRAM set to NULL:

# nvram --update-config boot-device=""

> There are problems, of course, but they are with Debian as a whole
> and not at all specific to the ppc64 installer or the ppc64 port. I
> will move onwards to sparc64 and give that a whirl on some old sparc64
> netra unit.

Have fun!

FWIW, I also verified that the installation image on ia64 works fine.

>     Also, merely a sidenote, I did the following to achieve perfection:
>
>         1) boot the installer image
>         2) follow some prompts to get to a shell
>         3) dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=4096 count=1048576
>         4) dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb bs=4096 count=1048576
>         5) power off the machine cold
>         6) wait 60 seconds and then boot the installer
>
>     That resulted in the partition stage simply flowing naturally along
> with blank disks for sda and sdb.

Hmm, I have a hard time believing that it's related to that.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz