Re: Updated Debian Ports installation images

> On Mar 26, 2022, at 11:47 AM, Stan Johnson <userm57@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> Your steps 2 and 3 should not be necessary. It should be possible to use
> manual partitioning (I'm testing that next); otherwise, it will not be
> possible to boot multiple operating systems.
>

>> they just can't believe that is all you need to do.
>>

> If you want to trash all of the other operating systems on your disk,
> then by all means you should choose to use the entire disk. But I
> suspect that many users will not want to do that -- they'll instead want
> to continue using Mac OS, Mac OS X, and whatever other GNU/Linux
> distributions they may have in addition to Debian.

You can start doing fancy stuff once you can at least get booted one time, I would say.

Sure, it’s great to multiboot six OSs once you get the very basics going, but too many people are still stuck in Kindergarten when they are thinking “Grad school”.

To be honest, I find it much easier to just use a separate drive for other OSs, but then I have the luxury of many available drive bays and many available drives, and not everyone has that.

Ken