Re: yaboot installation media

Hello,

Bad memory modules can actually result in such weird behavior. We've seen similar reports
before.

When I have time, I'll run a memory test. Can this be done from OF? What commands should I use?

You can also create a fresh chroot from unstable using debootstrap and that pivot
the root file systems.

Good idea. I didn't think about debootstrap.

Creating custom images takes quite some work. An outdated guide can be found here:

https://wiki.debian.org/PortsDocs/CreateDebianInstallerImages?highlight=%28%5CbCategoryPorts%5Cb%29

I actually got pretty far in my original attempt; I got stuck in the part where I had to patch d-i for yaboot. These new ideas of a memory fix and using debootstrap for a new chroot give me hope.

Thanks again,
--
Ben Westover