Re: yaboot installation media

Hello,

try these
https://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/inst/yaboot-howto/
http://seb.france.free.fr/linux/ibookG4/iBookG4-howto-2.html

My issue lies with actually booting the install media. These are of no help to me; I already know how yaboot works.

it would not surprise me if the default for grub is now EFI and of course there is a snowball in hell's chance EFI was around for G4s.  the BIOS was based on BSD.

We're using grub-ieee1275, IEEE-1275 being the specification for Open Firmware. There is no issue getting GRUB to run on my G3, and most others are having success on their machines, but my G4 just refuses to recognize GRUB in any way, only yaboot.

Thanks for your quick response,
--
Ben Westover