Re: Some background information - was: Re: Recipe for installing Debian on powerpc (G4, 32-bit) Mac? [failed installation -- looking for advice]

Hello Dan!

On 3/24/22 07:36, Dan Whitehouse wrote:
> Unfortunately this still appears to fail for me, at least in qemu.
> I do get an hfs partition during the partitioning stage, but grub fails installing to /dev/sda2.
> Interestingly I don’t get to select the partition.

This is an emulation issue with QEMU. If I remember correctly, QEMU does
not properly handle NVRAM emulation which is required to configure the
bootloader [1]. You would have to skip this part.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz