Re: sid ppc64 port systemd is broken on PowerMac G5 right now

Hello!

On 2/2/22 00:11, H wrote:
> FWIW, A little bit information that might be helpful:
>
> I started journald manually via /lib/systemd/systemd-journald, no error message
> to stdout and stderr, nor journalctl output. Actually journalctl still does not
> work (empty for all services).
>
> But the journald seemed started logging to /var/log/syslog.
> When I try to start logind, /var/log/syslog captures the following error message:
> /lib/systemd/systemd-logind: error while loading shared libraries: libsystemd-shared-250.so: failed to map segment from shared object.
>
> The file exists, clearly this is a broken binary from the port.
> The filesystem is ext4.

systemd_250.3-2 was built on ppc64 with the broken binutils_2.37.50.20220121-1 [1] which
is affected by a serious bug that results in broken binaries [2].

I have triggered a rebuild of the systemd package on ppc64 so it gets rebuild with the
fixed version of binutils. The issue should be fixed by tomorrow once the package has
been rebuilt and synced onto all mirrors.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz