Re: libffi illegal instruction - again

On 10/25/21 20:11, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> Adrian, I wasn't implying you should do it and I thanks for your work, I
> just noted that things broke again. First part is diagnosing the issue
> and hoping that maintainers and/or upstream work on it, which was not
> the case.

I know that it was broken again which is why I reopened the bug. Matthias thought
the issue was a missing configure parameter, but that's not the case. The problem
is that autoconf decided to change their syntax in an incompatible way which results
in the configure script being borked and not functioning correctly.

> What could be of use? forking libffi and attempting to patch all
> configure warnings and generate a big patch and a pull-request?

The configure script is generated by autoconf, it's not handwritten. As you
can see from the build log [1], autoconf spews a plethora of warnings which
means it's not compatible with the old autoconf files found in libffi.

We could try switching to an older version of autoconf for this package.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz