Re: LLVM Linker

* Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com> [2021-10-16 13:47 -0400]:

* Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com> [2021-10-16 17:44 -0400]:

> On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 4:43 PM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
> <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> >
> > On 10/16/21 16:09, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> > > does somebody knows why lld isn't available for powerpc?
> >
> > It's not available because we're currently not building LLVM for powerpc and
> > ppc64, see:
>
> According to https://lld.llvm.org, PowerPC and PowerPC64 are supported arches:
>
> It supports various CPUs/ABIs including AArch64, AMDGPU, ARM, Hexagon,
> MIPS 32/64 big/little-endian, PowerPC, PowerPC64, RISC-V, SPARC V9,
> x86-32 and x86-64. Among these, AArch64, ARM (>= v6), PowerPC,
> PowerPC64, x86-32 and x86-64 have production quality. MIPS seems
> decent too.
>
> It may be time to give lld a whirl.
>
> libcxx and libcxxabi may be a different story, however.

Linux version 5.14.12-aragorn-lxtec-ppc (riesebie@aragorn) (Debian clang version 13.0.0-5, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.37) #1lxtecppc1 Sat Oct 16 20:13:36 CEST 2021

Well, linking witch the GNU linker works. Compiletime 4.5 h.
Compiling completely with gcc the same config needs only 2 h.

Will investigate further when ldd is available.

Thanks in advance
Elimar
--
  Never make anything simple and efficient when a way
  can be found to make it complex and wonderful ;-)