Re: X Display Problem on G3 Series PowerBook (Wallstreet)

On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 08:59:54PM -0600, Stan Johnson wrote:
> I have a PowerBook Wallstreet, 512 MiB memory, 266 MHz with the current
> Debian SID installed.
>
> The framebuffer is reported as "fb0: Open Firmware frame buffer device
> on /pci/ATY,RageLTPro". I tried adding "mach64" to the config file for
> 5.13.2, but that didn't fix the problem.
>
> Both kernels are stock kernels from kernel.org (though I did add the
> BMAC patch to 5.6.13). I can send the .config files that I used if that
> would be helpful. I have the same options in both .config files for
> "Device Drivers -> Graphics support -> Frame buffer devices", with "Open
> Firmware frame buffer device support" and "ATI Rage128 display support"
> selected (among other options).

I'm pretty sure that rather than FB_ATY128 ("ATI Rage128 display support")
you would need FB_ATY ("ATI Mach64 display support") for that model.
That's what I remember from the last time I booted mine up. I have a
roughly equivalent model. However, I haven't tried a new kernel on
mine in quite some time. There have been complaints on the list in
recent years about various parts of the ATI mach64 support being broken.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com