Altivec in baseline for ppc64?

Hi,

The wiki page that synthesizes architecture specificities indicates
that Altivec is included in the baseline for the ppc64 port:
https://wiki.debian.org/ArchitectureSpecificsMemo#ppc64

However my understanding is that this port supports any powerpc64 CPU,
including some that don’t have Altivec (e.g. POWER4 or POWER5). This is
also what the main wiki page for PPC64 says:
https://wiki.debian.org/PPC64

Can someone please clarify the situation?

(I’m asking because I’m the maintainer of the openblas package, and
knowing whether Altivec is available or not, and more generally what is
in the baseline, is essential for proper packaging).

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer