Re: libffi illegal instruction - again

Hi Adrian
,

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> a) Upstream doesn't care and has not even looked at the issue yet:

That's worrying.

>> https://github.com/libffi/libffi/issues/662
> b) Debian's libffi maintainer hasn't understood the problem and assume it's
>    just a matter of passing the right configure option. It isn't so I reopened
>    the bug reportÖ

I didn't notice it was reopened, but indeed, he writes "believes" issue
is closed, but facts are different :)

>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=995223
> I don't know what else to do and honestly, I can't fix all these bugs myself, I'm
> not even paid for doing that.

Adrian, I wasn't implying you should do it and I thanks for your work, I
just noted that things broke again. First part is diagnosing the issue
and hoping that maintainers and/or upstream work on it, which was not
the case.

What could be of use? forking libffi and attempting to patch all
configure warnings and generate a big patch and a pull-request?

Riccardo