Re: Aptitude Problem PPC 32-bit

Hi,

Dan Whitehouse wrote:
> I've got a Powermac G4 running debian ppc32.
> I've noticed a potential issue with aptitude.
> If I run "aptitude update" I notice it never seems to complete.
> It'll use 18% or so of my RAM (which is about 450mb I believe) but no
> CPU. It isn't swapping.

with current kernels and everything updated on my PB G4, I tried.
I use aptitude with its curses based interface and always did!
Now, aptitude starts I can update soruces, select packages to upgrade or
install, then I hit go and it hangs there forever, never starting
downloads. It used to work.

Riccardo