Re: Poll: Is anyone using nouveau driver on ppc64 system?

John,

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 10:34 PM John Ogness <powerpc@ogness.net> wrote:

> Hi Mathieu,
>
> On 2021-10-07, Mathieu Malaterre <malat@debian.org> wrote:
> > One of the kernel maintainers is wondering if the nouveau driver is
> > completely broken with 64K pages ?
> >
> > So my question is simply: is anyone out there using a ppc64 system
> > with nouveau on a default linux-image-powerpc64 debian system (64K
> > page). I am only interested in ppc64be system only.
>
> My main desktop machine at home is a PowerMac G5 (Dual PPC970,
> PowerMac7,2), so it gets lots of daily use for audio, video, and web
> browsing. The graphic card is:
>
> 0000:f0:10.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200 Ultra] (rev a1)

Thanks for your report ! In case you have not seen it before, this is known as:

* https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=790690

It is unlikely that the root issue will ever be solved, so we need to
provide a 4K page kernel for the affected users. As you've seen from
another user report, it appears that nouveau may work under certain
work load:

* https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2021/10/msg00068.html

-M