Re: X stopped working with 5.14 on iBook

Hi Alex,

On 10/6/21 8:40 PM, Alex Perez wrote:
> Stan,
>
> FYI, There are nine powerpc-specific changes in 5.13. It may make sense
> to start rolling back those commits first:
> https://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_5.13#POWERPC

I'm aware of changes that were made a few weeks ago to fix problems on
the G3 Wallstreet and PB 3400, but the nine changes in the link that you
sent don't appear to be those changes.

In this case, I'm not sure whether there was a kernel regression
affecting G4 systems that has already been fixed, or perhaps an issue
with .config file options. If the .config file that I used (see my
important, then there could still be a regression. In that case, I'd be
happy to run a bisect if someone can provide a .config file that I
should use for testing.

thanks

-Stan